|Title: The Praise and Worship Team Instant Tune-Up - Doug and Tami Flather|
Release date: December 2001
Doug and Tami Flather
Written by: Douglas Flather, Tami Flather.
An easy-to-understand resource that provides straightforward, practical advice on ways to upgrade a music team's sound and ministry, written for both volunteer and staff worship leaders and musicians who use contemporary Christian music. Description
Pastors Worship Team Leaders Vocalists & Instrumentalists Sound People, Do You Want Your Worship Team to . . . Table of Contents
- get the most out of rehearsal time?
- craft a professional sound, even with just a few instruments?
- cultivate the 10 most important skills vocalists need for contemporary music?
- teach new songs to the congregation--painlessly?
- create and use dynamic presentation skills?
Expert advice is here for all the above and a whole lot more. The Praise and Worship Team Instant Tune-Up is the next best thing to having a seasoned professional director coach your team personally through all the ins and outs of worship ministry! This timely resource addresses the whole array of concerns that can hang up a worship team and takes you beyond them to the next level. Whether you're building a team from the ground up or need to fine-tune a given area, The Praise and Worship Team Instant Tune-Up gives you spot-on insights and troubleshooting tips that will help you excel in your mission of leading others in worship through music. You'll love how this easy-to-read book makes everything so understandable. You don't have to take a music theory class in order to get a fast handle on chord substitutions, key changes, and arranging techniques that will give your sound a personal, creative edge.
You'll also find out about . . .
- Copyright issues--what you need to know
- Seamless segues and transitions
- Preparing for and running efficient rehearsals
- Positioning your worship team on the platform
- Conducting solid sound checks
- Best practices for visual aids
- Communicating with team members via secret signals
- Developing a clean vocal sound
- Quick tips for every aspect of worship leading
Special Thanks Details
Chapter 1: Give Your Playing a Tune-Up
Chapter 2: Give Your Arrangements a Tune-Up
- How to get that thick, professional sound with contemporary chord substitutions
- Chord substitutions for keyboardists
- Chord substitutions for guitarists
- Easy ways to spice up your music by changing keys
- Quick tips: doís and doníts for players
Chapter 3: Give Your Singers a Tune-Up
- How to design a playlist that creates a focused worship experience
- How to prepare music and charts for your worship team
- What you need to know about copyright issues
- How to arrange with dynamics and mixed instruments
- How to arrange with transitions and segues to get a seamless flow
- Quick tips: do ís and doníts for arranging worship music
Chapter 4: Give Your Rehearsals a Tune-Up
- How to help your singers develop a clean sound
- The top ten clear communication tips
- How to teach your singers to stay in shape
- Helps for singers on the platform
- Quick tips: doís and doníts for singers
Chapter 5: Give Your Presentation a Tune-Up
- How to prepare for rehearsals so youíll be confident
- How to run an efficient rehearsal
- What to do if your rehearsal is a disaster
- Quick tips: doís and doníts for rehearsals
Appendix: Worship Planning Resources
- How to position your worship team correctly
- How to design visual aids for maximum impact
- How to do a sound check that will eliminate surprises
- How to give secret signals to your sound team and band
- How to painlessly introduce new songs to your congregation
- Quick tips: doís and doníts for your ministry presentation
|Length: || 160 pages |
|Size: || 7-3/8 x 9-1/4 inches |
|Format: || Layflat Softcover |
|Available Date: || January 2002 |
|Published By: || Zondervan |
|ISBN: || 0-310-24232-0 |