|Title: Sounds of Christmas - Bass / Tuba|
Subtitle: Solos with Ensemble Arrangements
Release date: July 2003
Bass / Tuba
This release from the Sounds of Series is indispensible to fill plenty of solo and ensemble needs! Each book includes a solo line and an ensemble line. Mix and match lines with different instruments and combinations of players.
Arranged by Stan Pethel.
This series was designed with flexibility in mind, for multiple uses that range from solo instrument with piano, to full orchestra. Here are some basic ways Sounds of Christmas can be used:
- Using a solo instrument with piano. Traditional solo music with the solo instrument playing the melody. The piano book works with all of the instruments in the set.
- Using multiple instruments on the solo with the piano, the cued notes in the solo part may be played for harmony as indicated. The lead instruments can be of the same type, or mixed.
- Using the piano book and several players, keep a few players on the melody so it is heard, and let others play the ensemble parts. As long as the piano and melody are played, the other parts will add to the sound.
- Using the CD as an accompaniment track, use the solo books with one or multiple players. Keep one or two players on the melody, and let others play the ensemble part. The piano can also play along.
- As a full ensemble, use the piano book for a rhythm section if desired. Have one or more players on the melody part and the rest on the ensemble parts.
- Away In A Manger
- Breath Of Heaven (Mary's Song)
- Celebrate The Child
- Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
- How Great Our Joy!
- It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
- Joy To The World
- Little Town
- Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
- O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles)
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
- O Little Town Of Bethlehem
- There's A Song In The Air