Scripture reveals that the great business of life is to glorify God by enjoying Him forever. In this paradigm-shattering work, John Piper reveals that the debate between duty and delight doesn't truly exist: Delight is our duty.
Join him as he unveils stunning, life-impacting truths you saw in the Bible but never dared to believe.
What's New in the 2003 Edition?
Introduction: How I Became a Christian Hedonist
What Is Christian Hedonism? Lessons from a Love Poem
Epilogue: Why I Have Written This Book: Seven Reasons
- The Happiness of God: Foundation for Christian Hedonism
- Conversion: The Creation of a Christian Hedonist
- Worship: The Feast of Christian Hedonism
- Love: The Labor of Christian Hedonism
- Scripture: Kindling for Christian Hedonism
- Prayer: The Power of Christian Hedonism
- Money: The Currency of Christian Hedonism
- Marriage: A Matrix for Christian Hedonism
- Missions: The Battle Cry of Christian Hedonism
- Suffering: The Sacrifice of Christian Hedonism
Appendix 1: The Goal of God In Redemptive History
Appendix 2: Is the Bible a Reliable Guide to Lasting Joy?
Appendix 3: Is God Less Glorious Because He Ordained That Evil Be? Jonathan Edwards on the Divine Decree
Appendix 4: How Then Shall We Fight for Joy? An Outline
Appendix 5: Why Call It Christian Hedonism?
A Note on Resources---Desiring God Ministries